The Core Coach Training program leads towards two distinct pathways for Certification: Certified Health and Wellness Coach or Certified Personal Coach. Your formal education will determine your eligibility.
OPTION 1: FOR ALLIED HEALTH DEGREES, EXERCISE IS MEDICINE CREDENTIAL®, OR CLINICAL LICENSE
1. Associate’s degree or higher in an area of Allied Health*
2. Any fitness certification (personal trainer, group exercise, etc.) and an ACSM Exercise Is Medicine® Credential
3. Current Clinical License such as an RN or RRT
Then you may apply for our "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" designation, following the completion of Modules 1, 2 and 3.
OPTION 2: FOR NON-ALLIED HEALTH DEGREES AND CERTIFICATIONS
If you have earned any of the following three options:
1. Associate’s Degree or higher that is not listed in Allied Health Degrees*
2. Any fitness certification (personal trainer, group exercise, etc.)
3. Current health-related certifications or licenses such as: Acupuncture, Certified Dental Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Certified Pharmacy Technician, Certified Dental Assistant, Licensed Massage Therapist, Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant, LVN/LPN, NREMT-First Responder, NREMT-Intermediate/85 or NREMT-Paramedic, Registered Yoga Therapist
Then you may apply for our "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" designation, following the completion of Modules 1, 2, 3 AND Module 4. If you only complete Modules 1-3, they will earn the “Certified Personal Coach” designation until completing Module 4.
*Allied Health Degrees: Athletic Training, Audiology, Community Health, Chiropractic, Counseling, Dentistry, Dental Hygiene, Dietetics, Ergonomics, Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Fitness, Health Behavior Management, Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Health Psychology, Holistic Health, Holistic Nutrition, Human Performance, Kinesiology, Kinesiotherapy, Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Occupational Health, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Education, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Psychology, Public Health, Rehabilitation, Respiratory Therapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work, Sports Psychology, Recreational Therapy, Wellness.